Sunday, April 27, 2008

Welcome baby Owen






Owen Chase Hodges was born April 26th at 6:46 am.  He weighs 6 lbs. 15 oz. and is 19 1/2 inches long.  I was scheduled to be induced Tuesday morning but early Saturday morning he had different plans for us.  Saturday at 3:30 am, my water broke and I started looking online and called the hospital for what to do next.  I wasn't having contractions so I decided to shower and try and wait to wake the family up.  Kimball came in to see why I was showing and freaked out that I didn't wake him up.  By the time I got out of the shower I was having contractions so we called my mom to come stay with the kids and packed a bag.  By the time we left for Mountain View Hospital in Payson, I was having hard contractions about every three minutes and Kimball was excited to have an excuse to drive 100 mph the whole way there.  By the time they checked us in to the hospital and the anesthesiologist arrived, I was already dilated to an 8 and in way more pain than I ever expected to feel during delivery.  Thank goodness for epidurals.  The pain went away immediately and he was born about 20 minutes later.  The whole process from water breaking to birth only took about 3 hours and we got to enjoy him the rest of the day.

4 comments:

Christa said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you! If there is anything we can do for you, let us know.

Ben said...

He definately fits the mold! He's a good lookin kid. Congratulations!

David Brower said...

Congratulations!!! Too cute!

christy said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm so glad it was an easy birth for you Rebecca. He's a cutie - congrats!!!